Background of the Lowcomote Research Project
Fifteen PhD positions (also called Early Stage Researchers, ESR) are offered within the framework of Lowcomote: Training the Next Generation of Experts in Scalable Low-Code Engineering Platforms, a project funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research & innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska‐Curie – ITN - ETN (GA n. 813884). For more information about Innovative Training Networks (ITNs), see this note.
Lowcomote is an international, inter-sectoral, interdisciplinary project aiming at training 15 PhDs, with the potential to become the leaders of tomorrow engineering of low-code development plateforms (LCDPs).
More specifically, the project will: (1) investigate low-code languages and tools for the development of largescale applications in heterogeneous domains, (2) create a repository able to store and enable the retrieval of heterogeneous modelling low-code artefacts (e.g., models, metamodels, model transformations and code generators), and (3) investigate efficient model transformation, particularly over large and complex models.
The PhDs will collaborate within the Lowcomote ITN research program and spend 2 secondments of 3 months at 2 different partners’ premises.
- ESR 1: Scaling Up Citizen Development with Recommender Chatbots
- ESR 2: Scalable Cloud-Based Heterogeneous Modelling
- ESR 3: Deploying and Scaling Knowledge Models in Data Science
- ESR 4: Urban Area Management in Smart Cities
- ESR 5: Low-code Development of Rich Collaborative Mobile Apps using Active DSLs
- ESR 6: Scalable and Extensible Cloud-based Low-Code Model Repository
- ESR 7: Mining Interaction Processes in Low-Code System Models
- ESR 8: Capability Discovery and Reuse in Low-code System Models
- ESR 9: DevOps Support for Low-Code Engineering Platforms
- ESR 10: Cloud-Based Testing Workbench for Low-Code Engineering
- ESR 11: Intelligent Run-Time Partitioning of Low-Code System Models
- ESR 12: Heterogeneous Low-Code Model Query Optimisation
- ESR 13: Live Model Transformation for Distributed Low-Code Platforms
- ESR 14: Multi-Paradigm Distribution for Model Management Operations
- ESR 15: Cloud-Based Low-Code Model Transformations Composition and Execution
Main Training Activities
The training program of Lowcomote aims at enabling the recruited PhDs to develop a broad range of scientific, technical and transferable skills that will prepare them for fruitful careers in academia and industry, namely thanks to training led by world experts in the field and timely and high quality feedback by all co-supervisors.
In particular, the network will provide training for the three main competences needed for developing future LCEPs:
- Model driven engineering, for domain analysis, language construction and code generation;
- Cloud computing, for an efficient use of the Cloud infrastructure to manage a large number of users and artefacts;
- Machine learning, for building smart assistants for citizen developers.
Other training activities will include communication skills, career development, career plan skills and entrepreneurship training.
Enquiries about research content must be sent to the relevant PhD supervisor(s) via email (see contact details in each vacancy on institutional website).